Friday, November 15, 2013

Rod Stewart

Dad had this one out one summer morning, and it was quite a sight to see...a glass-shaped album with gigantic ice cubes, and some guy grinning whilst behind them. Very interesting! What was this going to sound like? I got to hear "Maggie May", and I thought the song was great! He also did a version of "Pinball Wizard" as well, but the accompanying music (at the time) reminded me out of something from Damien: Omen II, which I had just recently seen.
The song was also on this one as well, but the other songs on it such as "Hot Legs" and "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" didn't have the same effect on me. Still, I liked Rod's voice, although it would be a few years before I dug a little deeper into his earlier works, this was a starting point for me, and where I still remember him fron.

No comments: