Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Eric Clapton

Dad pulled this one out one late summer afternoon. It was a compilation album, although I didn't know it at the time. I looked at the cover, which had a cartoon drawing of a guy playing the guitar, which looked like something from The Electric Company. The first song I heard from it was "Let It Rain", and I was hooked immediately by the "falling rain" notes on the piano, reminding me of that Doors song I heard a little while back. What a cool song! So what if it was nice outside? There were also some good cuts on it, like "Layla" and "Bell Bottom Blues". I still remember that sunny afternoon with a smile whenever I hear these songs now.
This was another of this guy's albums in the collection. I kept hearing some song about something called "cocaine" and that "she didn't lie"...I had no idea what the song was about. It was around this time that we took ownership of a pair of rabbits that had been left behind when the people next door to us moved out. One was white, and the other one was reddish-brown. Red Fred immediately christened them--respectively--Cocaine and Quaalude. So, then, whenever I heard that song about cocaine, I thought of our new white rabbit!

No comments: