Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Ramones

Rock & Roll High School. This was another movie that happened to be on, and I saw it one afternoon while Angie was at school, and my mom was in another part of the house doing something. I had no idea who the Ramones were, and for the longest time, I thought that they were some fictional--but very cool--band that only existed in the movie, since no-one around us seemed to be into them, or had any of their albums (though there was one cut by them on the K-Tel compilation Rock 80). In fact, I only ever saw it just that once, and it disappeared for the longest time, not to be seen anywhere. I wondered if it was a one-time-only "After School Special", or if maybe I dreamed it. Flash forward to fall of 2001 on Turner Classic Movies, and they showed it on there after Joey Ramone's passing, and I saw the movie again for the first time in over twenty years. It was great to see again, and I became a Ramones fan for a few years to come.

No comments: