Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Rockin' Out The Door

Every time it's October, or if I'm in that part of town, I'm still haunted by the memories. In a good way, because of the fun we had watching The Rock Show, and even getting to be part of it at the end. And in a bad way, because most of the people in my life from that period are now gone, or have long since disappeared. I haven't seen Henry J. since the T-shirt signing party at our house in the summer of 1984, and I have no idea of whatever became of him. I didn't have much of the show to remember it by, except some loose artwork pieces by Dad, and my own memories. I can't believe we didn't take a camera with us to that final episode! As the years went by, I would bring up the subject of the show, but it didn't register with many, because a lot of people didn't have cable at that time. But one day down at Guitar Maniacs, I brought this up with Johnny Jones, and he had a story to tell me. Back in the early 1980's, he was in a local band called Mayhem, and one evening, he and the band's singer paid a visit to Henry J. at the studio...and took a handful of pictures to prove it! Wow...there he was! And look at the equipment they used! It may have been pretty high-tech stuff then, but does look pretty threadbare and low-budget by today's standards. But I remembered the cool posters on the walls and in the studio. The memories really flooded back seeing this. Since there was no video, this looks as if this is all there was to prove that the show ever existed.

No comments: