Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Rolling Stones

I heard this one in the winter of 1978/79...or at least I remember the sky outside being very cold, frosty and grey the morning that I first heard this one, gazing out of the upper bay-window. It was the perfect setting for the music, and I think Dad played most of the first three sides of the double-album set in one setting. I liked the weird reverse-negative effect on the front cover, and the pics of the guys on the inside. I think Mick's face reminded me of the bizarre computer-animated "Nobody" clips from Sesame Street...
Cuts like "Out Of Time" and "Lady Jane" were great. I liked a lot of the other Hot Rocks album as much, but this one got played a lot more by me than the other one. In fact, there was a lot more by these guys in the years since, and still would be for years to come, but it never meant as much to me as this one did.

No comments: